Duties & Responsibilities
In order to accomplish its vision and mission, the QAIEC carries out a number of activities including the following:
- Monitoring and evaluation of academic integrity;
- Evaluation of faculty members’ performances is teaching, research and community engagement;
- Setting standardized procedures for course and program development in line with the CAA standards;
- Conducting an annual appraisal of the colleges’ plans and achievements;
- Organizing awareness-raising seminars to help explain the principles of quality assurance to AFU faculty and staff;
- Proposing remedies for gaps in performance;
- Providing training in the use of information resources;
- Providing information and expertise in the areas of assessment, strategic planning, and public accountability;
- Providing data analysis, decision support, and institutional effectiveness information;
- Providing a variety of data about faculty issues including teaching loads, course enrollment, department faculty distribution, comparative and equity salary and analyses of staffing trends and salaries;
- Ensure that AFU meets all its policy statement requirements.
- Compile and maintain all publications relevant to QAIEC.
- Make a final review of reports made to accrediting agencies to ensure compliance with the requirements of each agency.
- Review university publications to ensure compliance with policy statements.