The main responsibility of the University Council is to formulate the budget of Al Falah University(AFU) and to confer on the financial position of the University.
The Council also makes the policies and procedures related to the University’s participation in community service.
Additionally, the Council makes the plans for relations between AFU and other academic institutions on an international level.
The university council is chaired by the President of AFU. This council is composed of the Vice President Academic Affairs, College Deans, Representatives from each College, Dean of Student Affairs, Director of Quality Assurance, Finance Manager, Administrative Supervisor, Head of Admission and Registration Unit, Head of General Education, Head of IT Unit, and two AFU students.
- This council has a regular weekly meeting or whenever is needed
- This council is chaired by the President of the Al Falah University
- Dean’s Council has the right to invite other members upon demands
- Vice President
- College Deans
- Dean of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies
- Ensure the universities’ policies are properly implemented.
- Review and take actions on proposed development plans for the university to achieve the university’s mission and vision.
- Reviewing and approving any suggested new plans for the existing programs, new programs and any suggested new colleges.
- Granting academic degrees to students.
- Approving any new admission and registration policies, including number and quality of students to be accepted in particular programs.
- To ensure the alignment of the university enrollment and admission policies with those of the MOE.
- Monitoring the implementation of college plans for teaching and research.
- Executing the final decision on faculty promotions upon the recommendations from the Appointment and Promotion Committee.
- Approving the bylaws that govern employment, organizational, financial and executive university affairs.